|Comenius 2 course for teachers, Malm÷, Sweden, 0ct 13-17, 2003.
Comenius 2 Course: "Migration and Intercultural Relations".
Course no. in the Socrates Comenius/Grundtvig Course Database 2003-2004: NO-2003-002
Click on the following lines for more information:
To go to the Socrates Comenius / Grundtvig Course Database 2003-2004 - click here!
Detailed Course description taken from Socrates Comenius / Grundtvig Course Database - click here!
Malm÷ Course Database with full course information - click here!
Malmo, Sweden. October 13 - 17, 2003
(Earlier organised in Lisbon 2001, and Omagh, Northern Ireland, 2002).
Supported by Comenius 3 Thematiic Network:
"MIR: Migration and Intercultural Relations - Challenge for European Schools Today"
REF. NO: 101605-CP-1-2002-1-NO-COMENIUS-C3
Adress to organizer:
See WWW-link below OR go to MENU/Organizer.
Comenius 2.2 Grants Available Through Your National Socrates Office.
The course has the purpose of enhancing today?s education in migration studies with the further purpose of:
* understanding TODAY?S migration to and within European countries including historical PAST
* using EMPATHY as a bearing pedagocial principle in learning about migration and intercultural co-existing
* joining schools, teacher trainings institutions, archives/research centres, educational authorities in COLLABORATIVE GROUPS
* testing educational material by inventive use of ODL and ICT
THEMES COVERED DURING COURSE WEEK (MONDAY-FRIDAY):
1. THE BACKGROUND FOR ETHNIC CONFLICTS RESULTING IN MIGRATION TO EUROPE (DAY 1)
2. INTERCULTURAL RELATIONS (DAY 2-4).
3. WHAT CAN TEACHERS DO IN LOCAL SCHOOLS TO INCREASE THE QUALITY OF LEARNING ABOUT MIGRATION AND INTERCULTURAL RELATIONS? (DAY 2-4).
5. EXAMPLES OF GOOD PRACTICE IN DEALING WITH ISSUES CONCERNING LIVING IN A MULTICULTURAL CITY. (DAY 2-4).
6. WORKING TOGETHER ACROSS NATIONAL BORDERS: SETTING UP NEW COMENIUS INITIATIVES. (DAY 4-5
7. EU POLICIES ON MIGATION; NATIONAL POLICIES ON MIGRATION; MIGRATION HISTORY. (DAY 5).
TWO DIFFERENT KINDS OF CERTIFICATION:
A: DIPLOMA OF 6 ECTS FOR TAKING PART IN COURSE WEEK + DOING THREE WRITTEN ASSIGNMENTS.
B: DIPLOMA FOR TAKING PART IN COURSE WEEK ONLY.
* Preparation before course week: 1 week of work based on course material
* Course week: 1 week of lecturing, workshops and group work (see "schedule").
* Work after the course week: 1 week of work based on course material