|Comenius 2 Course for teachers, Oldenburg/Bremen, Oct 17 - 21, 2005
Comenius 2 course: " EUROPEAN CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION ON MIGRATION" - Ref No: NO-2005-007; Oldenburg/Bremen , Germany, October 17-22, 2004 (Mon-Fri).
(Cultural programme Sat; Travel days Sun-Sun)
Organised in collaboration with Comenius 3 Network “MIR: Migration and Intercultural Relations,” NO: 101605-CP-1-2002-1-NO-COMENIUS-C3
Education and the theme of Migration, Democratic citizenship issues and Migration; Migration History – use of archives and study of families; Intercultural learning; School Visits; New Comenius inititiaves.
(Courses on Migration and Intercultural Relations earlier organised in Lisbon. Portugal, 2001; Omagh, Northern Ireland, 2002; Malmö, Sweden, 2003); Cekse Budejovitse, Czech Republic 2004.
General principles the course will follow:
* UNDERSTANDING TODAY'S MIGRATION TO AND WITHIN EUROPEAN COUNTRIES INCLUDING HISTORICAL PAST
* CONNECTING THE TEACHING OF TODAY'S MIGRATION TO EUROPEAN CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION
* USING EMPATHY AS A BEARING PEDAGOCIAL PRINCIPLE IN LEARNING ABOUT MIGRATION AND INTERCULTURAL CO-EXISTING
* JOINING SCHOOLS, TEACHER TRAININGS INSTITUTIONS, ARCHIVES/RESEARCH CENTRES/LIBRARIES, EDUCATIONAL AUTHORITIES INTO COLLABORATIVE GROUPS
* TESTING EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL BY INVENTIVE USE OF WWW AND ICT
Click on the following lines for more information:
Detailed Course description taken from the Socrates Comenius / Grundtvig Course Database 2004-2005 - click here!
How to apply for financial support from your Socrates NationalAgency - click here!
Go to Registration Form directly
See the list of registered persons so far
THEMES COVERED DURING COURSE WEEK (MONDAY-FRIDAY):
1. EUROPEAN CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION ON MIGRATION DAY 1)
2. HISTORICAL-POLITICAL LEARNING (DAY 2).
3. INTERCULTURAL LEARNING (DAY 3).
4. CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION) (DAY 4).
5. WORKING TOGETHER ACROSS NATIONAL BORDERS: SETTING UP NEW COMENIUS INITIATIVES. (DAY 4-5).
6. PRESENTATIONS BY PARTICIPANTS. (DAY 1, 3, 5).
7. SCHOOLS VISITS AND EXCURSIONS (DAY 3-4)
TWO DIFFERENT KINDS OF CERTIFICATION:
A: CERTIFICATE FOR TAKING PART IN COURSE WEEK.
B: DIPLOMA OF 6 ECTS FOR TAKING PART IN COURSE WEEK + DOING THREE WRITTEN ASSIGNMENTS AFTERWARDS.
Organising of course:
* Preparation before course week: 1 week of work based on course material
* Course week: 1 week of lecturing, workshops and group work (see "schedule").
* Work after the course week: 1 week of work based on course material (for full Diploma only)
Deadline for paying: one mont before start of course if no other date is given:
Accomodation & Subsistance: 750
Course fee (including materials): 540
(Covers 7 nights Sun-Sun: no reduction in fee if leaving earlier)
Cancelation fee: 300
Account number: 7694.05.00547
Bank: Den Norske bank
Address1: P.O.Box 1171 Sentrum
Postal Code: NO-0107
City: OSLO, Norway
Branch sort code / Branch swift code: DNBANOKK
Account holder's name: University of Stavanger
Instructions for payments:
Please mark payment with "Hum-Project 70401 - Germany"