|MIR 3rd Contact Seminar + Film Festival, April 13-16, 2005.
INVITATION TO TAKE PART IN CONTACT SEMINAR (COMENIUS) April 14-16, 2004
Comenius 1 and Comenius 2.1
Go to Registration Form directly
See who has registered so far
or send mail to: [email protected],[email protected]
(in this case you should give address + telephone no)
Theme: Migration and Education
How education deals with the challenge of migration to Europe.
Use of creative pedagogy in intercultural edcation. Integrating arts and social sciences into practical work packages.
ORGANISING OF EVENT
Organising body: Comenius 3 Network "MIR: Migration and Inercultural Relations",
VENUE: Ljubljana, Slovenia.
The Seminar is organised into a separate Contact Seminar Day (Wednesday April 13) and participation in the following MIR 3rd Annual Conference with lectures, workshops and round table discussion of the theme of MIGATION AND EDUCATION. The situation in Europe is dealt with through presentations from teachers from 10-15 countries. The situation in the host country of Slovenia will have particular attention (lectures).
CONTACT SEMINAR AND FILM FESTIVAL DAY (APRIL 13 WEDNESDAY)
9:30-10.30 Opening session
- Welcome by the Slovenian National Coordinator
- Important to remember when doing an application.
- Most important rules and regulationsunder Comenius
- Relationshisp between Networks and Projects
10.30-11.30 Projects presentations
11.30_12.00 Coffee break
12.00-14:00 Projects presentations and group work
15.30-17.00 Group work
17.00-20.00 Presentations of films on migration topics made in different European schools
20.00- Contact seminar/film festival dinner with music
CONFERENCE PROGRAMME APRIL 14-15
Invited speakers are well known researchers and contributors in the field of migration, ethnic relations, inteculturality and education in Slovenia. There will also be a round table about the regulation of the schooling for immigrant children and children of ethnic minorities in different European countries. - In addition there will be contributions from partners and members of the MIR Comenius 3 Network in workshops and group work sessions. (Prior to the conference one day Contact Seminar for the setting up of new projects and the migrant film festival will be held.)
LECTURES (the Slovene case)
- Anton Gosar: Sociogeographic and cultural impacts of migration from the area of former Yugoslavia
- Bozo Repe: Historical consequences of the disintegration of Yugoslavia for Slovene society
- Janja Zitnik: How does it feel to be a child of a second-rate citizen?
- Mojca Pecek Cuk: What kind of school is fair for immigrants, teachers' views
- Spela Razpotnik: Ethnic adjustment of young second generation immigrants ( former Yugoslavia)
- Anica Mikus Kos: Schooling of refugee children in Slovenia
WORKSHOPS/CONTACT SEMINAR GROUPS (the European case)
- presentations by participating teachers in parallell sessions (15-20 workshps)
- project ideas are elaborated on
ROUND TABLE (the European case)
The regulation of the schooling for immigrant children/children of ethnic
Price: 420 EUR
(Material/lectures, acommodation (5 nights), meals except lunch, and official Seminar and Conference dinners (2).
Partners and Members of the MIR Com 3 Network will have special prices.
You can apply for support from your National Socrates Agency by refering to this anouncemenet (Contact Seminars organised by Comenius 3 Networks are eligible for such support).
Deadline for paying: to be anounced.
Mark "Hum-Project 70401"
SWIFT CODE DNBANOKK XXX
IBAN: NO80 7694 0500 547
Den Norske bank
P.O. 1171 Sentrum
N-0107 Oslo, Norway
University of Stavanger
N-4021 Stavanger, Norway