|Comenius 2 course for teachers, Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic. Oct 18 - 22, 2004.
|Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Comenius 2 course: "Migration and Intercultural Relations" - Ref NO-2004-008; Ceske Budejovitse, Czech Republic.
Organised in collaboration with Comenius 3 Network “MIR: Migration and Intercultural Relations,” NO: 101605-CP-1-2002-1-NO-COMENIUS-C3
The course has the purpose of enhancing today’s education in migration studies with the further purpose of:
* understanding TODAY’S migration to and within European countries including historical PAST
* using EMPATHY as a bearing pedagocial principle in learning about migration and intercultural co-existing
* joining schools, teacher trainings institutions, archives/research centres, educational authorities in COLLABORATIVE GROUPS
* testing educational material by inventive use of ODL and ICT
(Courses on Migration and Intercultural Relations earlier organised in Lisbon. Portugal, 2001; Omagh, Northern Ireland, 2002; Malmö, Sweden, 2003
Click on the following lines for more information:
Detailed Course description taken from the Socrates Comenius / Grundtvig Course Database 2004-2005 - click here!
How to apply for financial support from your Socrates NationalAgency - click here!
Course Database with full course information - click here! This database will not have full information until late spring term!
THEMES COVERED DURING COURSE WEEK (MONDAY-FRIDAY):
1. THE BACKGROUND FOR ETHNIC CONFLICTS RESULTING IN MIGRATION TO EUROPE (DAY 1)
2. INTERCULTURAL RELATIONS (DAY 2-4).
3. WHAT CAN TEACHERS DO IN LOCAL SCHOOLS TO INCREASE THE QUALITY OF LEARNING ABOUT MIGRATION AND INTERCULTURAL RELATIONS? (DAY 2-4).
5. EXAMPLES OF GOOD PRACTICE IN DEALING WITH ISSUES CONCERNING LIVING IN A MULTICULTURAL CITY. (DAY 2-4).
6. WORKING TOGETHER ACROSS NATIONAL BORDERS: SETTING UP NEW COMENIUS INITIATIVES. (DAY 4-5
7. EU POLICIES ON MIGATION; NATIONAL POLICIES ON MIGRATION; MIGRATION HISTORY. (DAY 5).
TWO DIFFERENT KINDS OF CERTIFICATION:
A: CERTIFICATE FOR TAKING PART IN COURSE WEEK.
B: DIPLOMA OF 6 ECTS FOR TAKING PART IN COURSE WEEK + DOING THREE WRITTEN ASSIGNMENTS AFTERWARDS.
Organising of course:
* Preparation before course week: 1 week of work based on course material
* Course week: 1 week of lecturing, workshops and group work (see "schedule").
* Work after the course week: 1 week of work based on course material (for full Diploma only)
Deadline for paying: one month before start of course if no other date is given:
Accomodation & Subsistance: 750
Course fee (including materials): 540
Cancelation fee: 300
Account number: 7694.05.00547
Bank: Den Norske bank
Address1: P.O.Box 1171 Sentrum
Postal Code: NO-0107
City: OSLO, Norway
Branch sort code / Branch swift code: DNBANOKK
Account holder's name: University of Stavanger
Instructions for payments:
Please mark payment with "Hum-Project 70401 - Czech"